London Life Insurance Company is a member of Assuris (formerly CompCorp). AssurisOpens a new website in a new window is a not for profit organization, funded by the life insurance industry that protects Canadian policyholders against loss of benefits due to the financial failure of a member company.
Details about the extent of Assuris’ protection are available online or in its brochure, which can be obtained from your financial security advisor, the Ombudsman office or directly from Assuris by contacting them via 1-866-878-1225.
OmbudService for Life & Health Insurance – Consumer resources
London Life is a member of the OmbudService for Life & Health Insurance (OLHI). This independent service assists consumers with questions and concerns about life and health insurance products and services through:
- OLHI Consumer Assistance CentOpens a new website in a new windowreOpens a new website in a new window, which is staffed by counsellors with extensive experience and knowledge, and is available in English and French (1-800-268-8099 English; 1-800-361-8070 French).
- Practical consumer guidesOpens a new website in a new window that contain information and advice on products, the kind of coverage that is available, how to select and deal with a financial security advisor and many other useful tips.
Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association – Consumer Code of Ethics
London Life is a member of the Canadian Life and Health Insurance AssociationOpens a new website in a new window, a voluntary trade association which represents the collective interests of its member life and health insurers. Since 1990 all members have undertaken to adhere to the Consumer Code of Ethics as a condition of membership.
This Code focuses on fair treatment of consumers through:
- A competitive marketplace
- Clear and straightforward advertising
- Competent sales and services
- Respecting the privacy of consumers