Unclaimed property is money held by London Life which may be payable to you under the terms of an insurance contract or other financial product. This could include claim payments, policy pay outs or premium refunds.
If you believe that you, or someone upon whose behalf you are acting, are the owner of unclaimed property being held by London Life, you can initiate a search through the Ombudsman’s Office of London Life.
To initiate a search for unclaimed properties, please provide the following information to the Ombudsman’s office at London Life and a representative will contact you within 30 days. The more information you can provide, the better our search can be. Please provide us:
- Your first and last name.
- Your current mailing address, telephone number and email address.
- A description of the type of unclaimed property and whether it relates to a group policy such as an employer sponsored group benefits plan, or an individual policy.
- Name and Date of Birth of life insured (if life insurance policy).
- Your relationship to owner of the unclaimed property, if you are acting on behalf of someone else.
- Policy/plan and ID, or certificate number, if known.
- Date the product was issued, if known.
- Date of death of the policyholder (where applicable and if known).
- Unclaimed property amount, if known.
*Important note: To protect an individual’s privacy, authentication of your identity will be required to confirm that you have a right to the information and/or funds. London Life must be satisfied that it has sufficient proof of a claimant’s identity and entitlement to any funds prior to releasing such funds. Therefore, all claims must be submitted to us in writing and any claimant must provide at least 2 pieces of identification, at least one of which must be a government issued photo ID. Such documentation must establish the name, signature and date of birth of the claimant.
In addition, if you are acting in a representative capacity, you will be asked to provide a copy of the document which provides you with the authority to make the request (for example, a Power of Attorney or proof that you are the executor of the property owner’s estate). If the property owner is a minor and you are the parent or guardian, please include a copy of the minor’s birth certificate.
Please send your request, along with all relevant supporting documentation, to:
255 Dufferin Avenue
London, ON N6A 4K1
OmbudService for Life and Health Insurance – Policy Search Service
OHLI Opens a new website in a new windowwill ask insurance companies to undertake a policy search for possible insurance coverage on a deceased’s life under certain circumstances. The search will be done if there is some reasonable basis for a search, and specific data of the deceased is available.