Privacy and confidentiality
London Life is committed to respecting the privacy and confidentiality of information it receives, in accordance with London Life’s Privacy Guidelines, and applicable law. London Life has established and will continue to maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information. However, you acknowledge and confirm that the Internet is not a secure medium where privacy and confidentiality can be guaranteed and that complete security and confidentiality of transmissions to and from this site over the Internet is not possible at this time. Your confidential use of this site cannot be guaranteed and you acknowledge that your use of this site (including information you transmit to the site) may be subject to access or manipulation by, or disclosure to, third parties. Without limiting any other disclaimer herein, London Life and its affiliates shall not be responsible or liable for any damages that you or any other person may suffer in connection with any such breach of privacy, confidentiality or security.
Your personal information
Certain London Life websites may require you to provide personal information to London Life, such as sites that require you to register in order to access the site. Such personal information (for example, your name, birthday, postal code, and e-mail address if applicable) is used to help provide you with a secure, private and convenient experience on the site.
For sites requiring you to register:
- Identity verification: This information is used to confirm your identity when registering for access to certain London Life websites. This information is matched against our existing records to enable you to register.
- Communication with London Life: If you send London Life an e-mail through our "Contact Us" feature, the e-mail address you provide at registration will be used to contact you with our reply. If your e-mail address changes, you can always change the e-mail address we have on record on either the "Contact Us" page, or in the "Your Profile" section of the site.
- Forgotten user name or password: If you forget either your user name or password, it is simple to recover them online by going through our Forgotten User Name or Password services, available from the Sign In page. To confirm your identity before displaying either of these items, we match what you enter against the information collected during the registration process.
Remember that the security of e-mail communication cannot be guaranteed. Do not send private or confidential information to London Life via e-mail (e.g., your Social Insurance Number, birthday). Also, London Life will never send you an e-mail message requesting personal information. Any such request is a fraudulent attempt to gain your valuable personal information (a technique known as "phishing").
What your information will not be used for:
- Marketing from London Life: You will not receive any marketing or advertisements from London Life at the e-mail address you provide to London Life.
- Marketing from third parties: We will never sell your information to any third parties, or share it with any other organization for marketing purposes.
The security of email communication cannot be guaranteed. Any person wishing to communicate or send information of a private or confidential nature to London Life or a third party is encouraged to do so by other means.
"Cookies" are small items of data that websites store in your browser. These data files contain information the site can use to track and organize the pages you have visited, and to gather information. Some of our web-based applications use "cookie" technology to measure site activity and tailor information to fit your personal interests. London Life uses both "session" and “permanent” cookies, both of which help us deliver a superior website experience that is designed to be fast, secure and personalized. You may decline cookies by configuring your web browser accordingly, but this may lead to reduced site functionality.
London Life collects some limited information about your connection to the Internet. This information includes your computer's IP address, which is your numerical address on the Internet that lets our servers know where to send the web pages you view. This information is collected to help measure traffic to our site and the performance of our servers, and to help diagnose and address problems when they arise.
London Life may, from time to time, employ Google and/or Flurry Analytics, web analytic services provided by Google Inc. and Yahoo Inc. respectively, to help measure traffic patterns to, from, and within our public websites. This analytics measurement tool uses "session" and "persistent" cookies to collect standard Internet log information and to track visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookies about your use of the website (including the first nine digits of your IP address) is transmitted to Google and/or Yahoo, as the case may be. No personal, identifying information is recorded or provided to Google or Yahoo. This anonymous information is then used to evaluate visitors' use of our website and to compile statistical reports.